Let’s face it I’ve been pretty lucky with the ladies pretty much my entire life. I literally have may say and my pick when it comes to someone I have interest in. Over the years I noticed that I do 5 things that always make my first dates successful allowing me the choice to set up date #2. I’m going to pass along these 5 tips to put your dating game into high gear.
TIP #1 THE LOCATION
It’s all about setting the mood and this requires the perfect ambience. Do yourself a favor and research 5 locations that you preferably frequent ahead of time. Why five you ask? Not every date is going to like the same cuisine so you should have choices.
Keys to location:
– Atmosphere should mirror your lifestyle
– Must have an X factor, something unique; view, presentation, servers, music the WOW factor.
– Noise level should be reasonable, can’t be too loud. Remember the first date you really should be getting to know your date so a loud location would only be a detractor (what was that? Lol). You get the message.
TIP #2 KNOW THE MENU
Be the aggressor and take control (in a respectful way). Ask your date, “what do you typically like or more importantly what don’t you like”? Find these two things out and then ask permission to be in charge of the ordering process. Make certain suggestions that you know are winners and have the wow factor. Now a days everyone has a little Foodie in them so if you’re able to introduce some new dishes to your date that you know will become favorites, you will score some major points.
Keys to knowing the menu:
– Get to know the chef and see if you can modify a signature dish
– Know the signature dishes and desserts, every chef has their favorites
– Learn how to pair, it’s so impressive to see your date take complete control over the food, wine, spirits and desserts.
TIP #3 PLAN AN AFTER SPOT
To guarantee that will make a serious impression and get some quality time in, tell your date that you have the day all planned out. Activities, dinner and an after spot. If they agree, this is a big deal as it shows that they are interested enough to carve out a large portion of time for you.
Keys to a great after spot:
– Again, setting the mood is critical so location is also critical
– Try something that involves team work, or participation
– Pick a place where you know the servers or manager to again make a good impression
TIP #4 PICK YOUR DATE UP IN AN UBER
Today there are a lot more services that are conducive to dating, one being Uber and Lyft. Why worry about parking spots, directions to location, traffic and your driving skills. Leave it up to a driver. It’s impressive, it gives you more quality time with your date and the best advantage is you can drink and be responsible. There’s two ways to play this. If you have a nice car that you want to show off, (Let’s face it our cars are like fishing lures, we use them to hook dates) then you can drive to your dates place and arrange an Uber for the actual outings. On the other hand if you have a bucket, for sure you’re going to want to take an Uber over. Let them get to know the real you and don’t give them ammunition to prejudge you.
Benefits to having an Uber or Lyft:
– Driver can be an Icebreaker
– Better one on one conversation
– No worries about drinking and driving.
– Possible excuse to stay over to sober up (especially if you drove your car over to their place)
TIP #5 PAY FOR EVERYTHING
Let me repeat this one, pay for everything. If you invite them out, then do yourself a favor and be the man that they’re looking for and man up on the bill. Make sure you’re not dealing with a gold digger. You can wait for the bill to arrive and see if your date offers to pitch in, but be the hero and proudly say, “I got this” with a big cheesy smile.
Benefits to picking up the tab:
– Shows confidence and stability
– Separates you from the crowd
– Makes them feel secure (dates want to feel secure, that they’re with a winner)
You pull all of this off and I guarantee your chances for a 2nd date will increase by 70%. Other important tips;
– Fresh hair cut
– Fresh gear (always over dress for the first date)
– Groom; no unruly nose, ear back and shoulder hair
– Trim; beard neck line and the lower regions
– Car wash and fragrance (if you plan to take your ride)
Also refer to my other post 5 proven ways to make you more attractive. Of course if you’re super wealthy and or have an amazing personality you can toss all these tips out the window. Money and personalities still have their place in the dating world and will always trump my dating tips.
Remember, be yourself, you want them to love you for all of your crazy, not just your normal so don’t be afraid to show all your cards. Well not all, a little mystery is always healthy. Keeps them wanting more. Most of all have fun.
photo credit: celebritymix